It is SO easy to make Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes together at the same time – follow this recipe for an easy honey mustard sauce to boot!
How to cook chicken and potatoes in the Instant Pot
Add water and trivet to the Instant Pot.
Add chicken to Instant Pot and season with salt and pepper.
Then add the potatoes on top of the chicken seasoning with salt and pepper. Place lid on Instant Pot and pressure cook for five minutes
While the chicken and potatoes are cooking, mix honey and mustard together in a small bowl and chop parsley.
Drain water from Instant Pot, then gently toss chicken and potatoes in honey mustard sauce.
Serve garnished with parsley, then enjoy!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Chicken cutlets – Chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise will also work.
- Baby potatoes – Yukon baby potatoes, red baby potatoes or fingerling potatoes are great in this recipe.
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Honey – agave nectar or brown sugar glaze will work in place of honey for this recipe.
- Grainy dijon mustard – spicy brown mustard, honey mustard and yellow mustard are all substitutes for dijon mustard.
- Parsley (to garnish)
Can you use frozen chicken?
You can definitely use frozen chicken breast or cutlets for this recipe. It’s important to note that if you are using frozen chicken you will need to increase the cook time to 10 minutes total. The downside to doing this is that the extra cook-time can result in soggy potatoes. Overall, it’s best to use chicken that isn’t frozen, but the option to use frozen chicken is available if necessary.
More serving suggestions
If you’re looking to add to this dish, you have a few options! One of my favourite foolproof options is adding a side salad of your choice. A salad is a great way to add to more vegetables into your diet and you can create any salad of your choice to go with the dish! I also recommend adding in your favourite vegetables to create a full, well-rounded meal. Some vegetable sides I recommend adding to the dish are:
- Carrots with a brown sugar glaze
- Steamed vegetable medley
- Steamed broccoli
- Asparagus with lemon juice and grated parmesan
Storing and reheating
This chicken and potatoes recipe will last in the refrigerator for up to five days, making it the perfect meal prep dish! To store, I recommend dividing it into individual containers and refrigerating after it has cooled down. Storing it in individual servings allows for easy eating throughout the week.
When you’re ready to enjoy your dish, reheat it by placing it in the microwave for a minute or two. Tip: sprinkle a little extra water overtop the chicken to keep the dish from drying out.
More Instant Pot chicken recipes
Meal prep tools for this recipe
- Grab some glass meal prep bowls if you plan on turning these chicken and potatoes into your weekly lunches.
- I get all my free-range chicken from Butcher Box, conveniently delivered to me frozen.
- Get a meat thermometerto make sure your chicken is cooked through
- Freeze this recipe in glass microwave-safe bowls up to 3 months
Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 chicken cutlets or 2 chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise
- 1.5 lbs baby potatoes, sliced about 4 cups
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup grainy dijon mustard
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Press the pressure cook button and set to high, then cook for 5 minutes. Instant Pot will take about 5-10 minutes to come to pressure then pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release of the pressure on the Instant Pot by flicking the switch at the top with a spoon. Open the lid when pressure gauge has dropped and the lid opens easily.
- Meanwhile, mix honey and mustard together in a small bowl and chop parsley. Drain water from Instant Pot, then gently toss chicken and potatoes in honey mustard sauce. Serve garnished with parsley, then enjoy!