Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
This Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto is a delicious, rich and creamy rice dish that's vegetarian and ready in 30 minutes or less!
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced or two shallots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups assorted mushrooms, chopped I used a mix of cremini, button, oyster and shiitake
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese NOTE: make sure the parmesan cheese you use is vegetarian if needing to follow this diet as some varieties are not
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
Add butter, onion, garlic, mushrooms, thyme, salt & pepper, chicken broth and rice to Instant Pot in that order, ensuring rice in underneath liquid.
Place lid on Instant Pot and make sure valve is set to seal. Press the pressure cook button and set to high, then cook for 5 minutes. Instant Pot will take about 5-10 minutes to come to pressure then pressure cook for 5 minutes.
Do a quick release of the pressure on the Instant Pot by flicking the switch at the top with a spoon. Open the lid when pressure gauge has dropped and the lid opens easily.
Stir in wine and parmesan cheese, then serve in bowls garnished with fresh parsley (optional). Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 807mg | Potassium: 503mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 458IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 326mg | Iron: 1mg