This Instant Pot Ramen with Chicken is a comforting soup dish loaded with your favourite toppings that’s ready in just 30 minutes!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Sesame oil – or another neutral cooking oil like olive or grapeseed oil.
- Garlic – fresh minced garlic provides the best flavour but you can use the jarred minced kind in a pinch.
- Mushrooms – use any kind of mushrooms you like or leave these out altogether.
- Low-sodium soy sauce – tamari is the best substitute for soy sauce.
- Chicken breasts – you can use boneless skinless chicken thighs but they’ll increase the calorie count. Leave the chicken out altogether for a vegetarian option.
- Chicken broth – vegetable broth would also work here.
- Ramen noodles – the instant ramen noodle packages are the best, just make sure to remove the flavour packets beforehand.
- Eggs – leave these out altogether if you don’t like eggs.
How to make ramen in the Instant Pot
- Add everything but the noodles and eggs to the Instant Pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Boil the eggs.
- Do a quick release of the pressure.
- Shred the chicken.
- Stir in the ramen noodles.
- Add your favourite toppings, serve and enjoy!
Instant Pot ramen topping ideas
This instapot ramen recipe is a great way to clear out your fridge and use up whatever you have on hand. Feel free to get creative and add whatever toppings you’re craving! Here are some of my favourite ideas:
- Red cabbage
- Green onions
- Sesame seeds
- Chili garlic sauce
- Bok choy
- Fresh lime wedges
Frequently Asked Questions
For this Instant Pot ramen recipe, you add in the ramen after the broth and chicken are done cooking. After you’ve done a quick release of the pressure, open the lid and stir in the ramen noodles. Let the noodles sit in the broth for about 3-4 minutes until softened then dig in!
If you like your ramen to have a bit of kick, add some chili garlic sauce as one of your toppings like sriracha or Sambal Oelek. You can even mix in some red pepper flakes or sliced jalapenos.
Most ramen (including this Instant Pot chicken ramen) contain gluten, but you can find options that are gluten-free. Just make sure to check the packaging at the grocery store to ensure your noodles are gluten-free.
This Instant Pot ramen recipe has 381 calories per serving, but the total calorie count really depends on what toppings you use.
The seasoning packet that comes with ramen is full of sodium, preservatives and other bad ingredients. Make sure to throw it away – you won’t need it for this Instant Pot ramen recipe.
Storing and reheating
If you plan on having leftovers of this instapot ramen, I suggest storing the noodles and the broth separately in the fridge in airtight glass containers. They’ll last for up to 5 days and can be reheated on the stovetop or in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
Freezing this recipe
You can freeze this Instant Pot chicken ramen recipe, but the texture of the noodles might not be the same. Store them in freezer-safe Ziploc bags or airtight glass containers for up to 3 months. Let the ramen thaw in the fridge overnight then reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
More Instant Pot soup recipes
- The Best Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Vegetable Bean Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup
Meal prep tools for this recipe
- These are the square glass meal prep bowls I use in this recipe
- I get all my free-range chicken from Butcher Box, conveniently delivered to me frozen.
Instant Pot Ramen Noodles with Chicken
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (227g) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 medium-sized chicken breasts (about 1/2 lb)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 packages ramen noodles, seasoning packet removed
- 3 eggs
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- chili garlic sauce (like Sriracha or Sambal Oelek)
- cilantro, chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Fresh lime wedges
- Add sesame oil, garlic, mushrooms, soy sauce, chicken and broth to Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes and do a quick release of the pressure.
- Meanwhile, bring water in a small saucepan to a boil and cook the eggs in their shell for 5-7 minutes for a soft boil (10 for hard-boil). Remove shell and cut eggs in half to add to ramen bowls.
- Remove chicken breasts from both and shred the meat once it’s done pressure cooking, then add it back to the pot and add the dry ramen noodles. Let sit for 3-4 minutes until noodles soften then divide into bowls.
- Add toppings of your choice, then serve and enjoy!