This Instant Pot Ramen Noodles with Chicken is a delicious soup recipe that you can load up with your fave toppings, and the broth comes together so easily in your pressure cooker!
Say hello to the best noodle soup you’ll ever have: this Instant Pot Ramen basically checks all the boxes on healthy, easy and delicious and you’ll never believe that it comes together in just over half an hour!
It’s kinda like chicken noodle soup on steroids, and you’re going to basically make it for the entire duration of soup season because it’s so customizable and you can throw in everything but the kitchen sink.
And the chicken broth is the easiest thing in the world!
How to Make Instant Pot Ramen Noodles
Traditionally ramen takes a ton of time and usually uses some sort of pork bone broth. As someone who doesn’t eat pork, you can imagine my disappointment at the menus of most ramen noodle places – I don’t get to have any meat versions very often because it’s usually either pork or vegetarian. Bummer.
Well, this Instant Pot Ramen Noodles recipe uses whole chicken breasts along with soy sauce, sesame oil, chicken broth and mushrooms for easy, rich flavour. Mushrooms are actually my secret when it comes to many vegetarian sauces – they’re a great way to up the flavours of any soup without having to simmer something for hours or rely on meat bones.
This quickie ramen noodles broth is a great base for the rest of the recipe. You’ll basically pressure cook the broth ingredients and chicken breasts whole, then remove and shred the chicken before adding it back to the broth mixture.
From there, add in three packets of ramen noodles – yes, the kinds that come in the 30 cent packages at the store!
Just be sure to remove the flavour packet because we are trying to control the sodium a bit more here. I used to love traditional ramen noodles, packets and all, when I was a kid but they have crazy sodium levels and way too many chemicals. I’ve used low-sodium soy sauce (you can also use tamari) and chicken broth to limit the number of ingredients being used so it’s a more wholesome version of chicken ramen.
You don’t want the ramen noodles to sit for too long soaking in the noodles so you can always store the broth and chicken mixture separately until you are ready to add noodles and enjoy fresh. It’s up to you though!
Once you have the broth and chicken all ready for these Instant Pot ramen noodles, it’s time for the fun part: the toppings!!!
Don’t be afraid to clear out the fridge to make this Instant Pot Ramen recipe – you should have most ingredients for the broth on hand at home then it’s just a matter of adding your fave veggies. Super easy right?
I actually had to freestyle a little bit for this recipe because I initially planned on adding bok choy to these bowls and ended up forgetting to buy it at the store. With red cabbage lasting as long as it does in the fridge, I had some of that on hand and then just added some green onions, sesame seeds, chili garlic sauce and soft-boiled eggs.
To make the soft-boiled eggs you will essentially just cook them for slightly less time than a hard-boiled egg. Mine had mostly set yolks at 6 minutes cook time (I boiled two at the same time), so you’re looking at cooking for 5-7 minutes to get that perfect soft-boiled egg.
It just adds a bit more protein and that authentic touch to ramen but you certainly don’t have to add them if you’re feeling lazy.
Now go ahead and time into these big bowls of deliciousness!
You’ll want to make this ramen all year long!
Will you be making this Instant Pot Ramen Noodles with Chicken?
- These are the square glass meal prep bowls I use in this recipe
- If you’re looking to stock your freezer with grass-fed beef, then check out Butcher Box – they’re an awesome way to cut down on shopping time
Instant Pot Chicken Ramen SoupPrint
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (227g) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 medium-sized chicken breasts (about 1/2 lb)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 packages ramen noodles, seasoning packet removed
- 3 eggs
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- chili garlic sauce (like Sriracha or Sambal Oelek)
- cilantro, chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Fresh lime wedges
- Add sesame oil, garlic, mushrooms, soy sauce, chicken and broth to Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes and do a quick release of the pressure.
- Meanwhile, bring water in a small saucepan to a boil and cook the eggs in their shell for 5-7 minutes for a soft boil (10 for hard-boil). Remove shell and cut eggs in half to add to ramen bowls.
- Remove chicken breasts from both and shred the meat once it's done pressure cooking, then add it back to the pot and add the dry ramen noodles. Let sit for 3-4 minutes until noodles soften then divide into bowls.
- Add toppings of your choice, then serve and enjoy!