Feeling overwhelmed at dinnertime? Try this free Instant Pot Meal Prep Plan designed to make weeknight cooking quick and easy.
Healthy Instant Pot Meals Made Easy
Are you tired of the same old dinner recipes and the never-ending meal prep that comes with them? If you’re looking for a solution to streamline your weeknight dinners while still enjoying delicious and wholesome meals, you’re in the right place!
This blog post contains a weekly meal plan filled with 5 easy recipes that can be made in the Instant Pot. Follow the included prep checklist to simplify your meal prep so cooking will be a breeze each night.
With some ingredient prep on a Sunday, you’ll be all set for the week ahead. I even included a handy grocery list that you can take with you to the store!
The meal plan
What containers you need
I recommend getting an assortment of containers of different sizes with lids like this Anchor Hocking set. You may want to purchase two sets, including one with smaller containers. You can also use plastic or silicone freezer bags, or mason jars of different sizes.
The meal prep plan
Follow this prep ahead plan on Sunday in the order in which everything is listed (eg the rice gets prepped first, then veggies, sauces, cheeses and proteins last). You will then pull your prepped ingredients out for each night’s recipe and cook the recipe fresh. This will cut your nightly cooking time in half!
There are no grains to prep with this meal plan. If you swap out any recipes for one that requires rice or quinoa, you should cook those ahead of time so dinner comes together fast each night.
- Dice 1/2 lb chicken breasts for the Honey Garlic Spicy Noodles.
- Dice 1 yellow onion, 2 stalks celery and 1 carrot, storing together for the Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Finely chop 2 heads broccoli, storing in a separate container.
- Slice 1 yellow onion, 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper and 1 yellow pepper, storing together for the Chicken Fajitas.
- Chop 1 head broccoli and slice 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper, storing together for the Honey Garlic Spicy Noodles.
- Mince 4 cloves garlic and dice 3 celery stalks, 1 yellow onion, 1 green pepper, storing together for the Sloppy Joes.
- Grate 2 cups cheddar cheese for the Broccoli Cheddar Soup and Chicken Fajitas combined. Use 1 1/2 cups when you’re making the Broccoli Cheddar Soup and 1/2 cup as a topping for your Chicken Fajitas.
- Grate 1/2 cup parmesan cheese for the Shrimp Scampi.
- Combine 8 cloves minced garlic, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 tbsp lemon zest, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper in a mason jar for the Shrimp Scampi sauce.
- Mix together 1 tbsp sesame oil, 4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce, 6 cloves minced garlic, 2 tbsp honey and 1-2 tbsp chili garlic sauce in a mason jar for the Honey Garlic Spicy Noodles sauce.
Here is your grocery list. What I recommend you do is copy and paste this list into a Word doc and then erase the items you already have on hand. I know it looks like a long list but I’ve included everything except for salt and pepper.
If you have a well-stocked kitchen, then you will be able to strike most pantry staples off the list, such as the spices, oils, broth and condiments; possibly even butter, eggs, onions and milk as well!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup butter
- 24 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 3 yellow onion
- 1 carrot
- 5 stalks celery
- 3 heads broccoli
- 2 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts
- 1 lb frozen shrimp
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (680mL) jar tomato sauce
- 1 (500mL) container fresh salsa (or jarred salsa)
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 (225g/8oz) package rice noodles
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 hamburger buns
- kettle chips, fries or side of choice for the Sloppy Joes
Want More Meal Plans?
Sign up for Dinner Prep Pro to get weekly meal plans filled with fast, easy and delicious recipes.
You’ll also receive a filled-out grocery list and prep instructions designed to make meal prep easy!
Not a fan of an included recipe? Swap it out for another one with our handy search tool that allows you to find recipes based on ingredients or categories.